International Business Times seeks a reporter
International Business Times is seeking a business and finance reporter who can inform and engage readers on decisions being made on Wall Street and Main Street. The successful candidate must be able to write a mix of breaking news and enterprise stories as well as be committed to fairness and accuracy, and will have a strong grounding in traditional journalism ethics.
- Write breaking news stories and rewrite content from credible media sources.
- Pitch enterprise ideas on a range of topics.
- Collaborate with team members on projects as needed.
- The ability to meet and exceed readership targets.
- Writing skills that allow for the creation of clean and compelling copy as well as knowledge of AP style.
- The ability to work smart and fast in a deadline-driven digital environment.
- The ability to multitask and shift priorities and/or story focus as the news shifts.
- A willingness to take direction from editors in the creation of stories that will attract readership from global markets.
- Must be flexible and prepared to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must be U.S.-based (NY preferred but don’t have to be)
The successful candidate will be offered a contract with a chance to join the staff, depending on job performance and metrics.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and links to three writing samples.
To apply, go here.