International Business Times seeks a business reporter
International Business Times is seeking a business and finance reporter who can inform and engage readers on decisions being made on Wall Street and Main Street. The successful candidate must be able to write a mix of breaking news and enterprise stories as well as be committed to fairness and accuracy and will have a strong grounding in traditional journalism ethics. We are looking for people who can work at least one weekend day per week, and we would be pleased to hear from candidates who would be able to work on Saturday and Sunday.
- Write breaking news stories and rewrite content from credible media sources.
- Pitch enterprise ideas on a range of topics.
- Collaborate with team members on projects as needed.
- The ability to meet and exceed readership targets.
- Writing skills that allow for the creation of clean and compelling copy as well as knowledge of AP style.
- The ability to work smart and fast in a deadline-driven digital environment.
- The ability to multitask and shift priorities and/or story focus as the news shifts.
- A willingness to take direction from editors in the creation of stories that will attract readership from global markets.
- Be ready to move away from business and finance stories when needed to handle stories occasionally dealing with crime and the entertainment industry.
- Must be flexible and prepared to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must be U.S.-based (NY area preferred, but don’t have to be).
The successful candidate will be offered a contract and will be considered by IBT to be an independent contractor.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and links to three writing samples at https://corp.ibt.com/careers/209/business-and-finance-reporter