International Biz Times seeks deputy tech editor
Newsweek Media Group is seeking a full-time deputy technology editor to help run our tech team at International Business Times. The position is based out of our New York City office Monday through Friday.
We’re looking for an editor who can edit quickly, knows AP style and has a knack for finding stories.
The deputy technology editor should be well versed in consumer tech news as well as cyber security, fintech and future technologies. This is the start of a new vertical for our site so there will be plenty of room for innovation, creativity and professional growth.
The IBT deputy technology editor:
- Editing multiple stories a day including reviews, quick hits and features
- Working quickly, yet accurately, to edit and assign breaking news as it happens
- Spotting tech trends and developing fresh angles for coverage
- Ability to manage a team of writers and help them grow as reporters
- Follow AP Style
- Forward planning for known technology news events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous online editing experience
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and online journalism
- Flexible hours
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter to IBT Technology Managing Editor William Mansell at firstname.lastname@example.org.