International Biz Times seeks deputy breaking news editor
The International Business Times is looking for an experienced deputy breaking news editor to work alongside our breaking news editor in shaping daily coverage.
The ideal candidate must have experience covering hard-hitting breaking news stories, features and smart analysis. The candidate should be well versed across all news topics, including business, politics, international news and culture. The candidate will juggle writing and editing multiple stories a day for IBT’s growing global newsroom.
This position is based in New York City. To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and five clips to the breaking news editor at email@example.com.
– Identify and develop stories that have impact
– Edit stories with style and insight and prepare them for online audience
– Work with talented reporters with varying levels of experience
– Help manage reporters working under intense deadlines
– Aggressively pursue smart news stories
– News junkie eager to get ahead of the latest developments
– Solid news judgment
– Experience covering national or international news stories
– Polished writing
– Familiarity with SEO and social media
– High standards of editorial integrity
– Ambitious, accurate and resourceful
– Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese or Arabic language skills preferred
– Authorization to work in the U.S. is mandatory