Institutional Investor seeks staff writer
Institutional Investor is looking for a motivated and talented Staff Writer to join our team in New York and support the continued growth of the business. On a daily basis, you will report and write on the characters, firms, controversies, trends, issues, research, and general happenings within the world of institutional asset management and finance for Institutional Investor.
- Report institutional investing news accurately, fairly, and quickly.
- Meet (virtually and, eventually, in person) with sources to build relationships that will result in better reporting and writing.
- Write clear and accurate news stories that are regularly published online.
- Use company social media accounts to promote Institutional Investor stories.
- Build relationships with sources and public relations firms.
- Interview sources to develop and produce reporting.
- Work with Institutional Investor editors to define, improve, and publish articles.
- Keep editors informed of ongoing reporting projects and any source meetings.
- Provide art directors necessary information for them to create art to accompany stories.
- Reporting, news writing, interview and source development are necessary for this role.
- It is important to have the ability to understand and write about complex financial concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Experience with content management systems, social media, and Excel a plus.
- At least one year covering finance at a trade publication OR have studied financial journalism at an undergraduate or graduate level.
- At least one journalism internship in college.
To apply, go here.