Institutional Investor seeks editor for RIA Intel
Institutional Investor has built its reputation on providing must-have information for the world’s most influential decision-makers in traditional and alternative asset management. In additional to its renowned publications, Institutional Investor offers highly respected thought leadership products as well as proprietary benchmark rankings and ratings on buy-side and sell-side research, hedge fund activity, and asset and wealth management. It has a proven history of anticipating the personalities and trends most likely to influence the global financial markets. Its Memberships and Forums division attracts an incomparable who’s-who of thought leaders to more than 100 annual events in all major markets globally.
About Institutional Investor’s Media Division
The Institutional Investor media division focuses on providing cutting-edge online content to key decision-makers in the financial sphere.
About RIA Intel
RIA Intel is a new digital journalism brand being launched under the Institutional Investor umbrella in Q1 2019.
It will be independent from InstitutionalInvestor.com, but both editorial teams will work collaboratively and, where, appropriate, cross-promote content for the benefit of both brands. The editorial team for RIA Intel will also work closely with the team running the RIA Institute, Institutional Investor’s event series for RIAs and their partners.
What is your purpose?
The editor of RIA Intel will report to Institutional Investor’s Chief Content Officer. She or he will work with a core group of internal employees and external contributors to produce RIA Intel. While the brand will be separate from InstitutionalInvestor.com, the RIA Intel editor will interface regularly with that team to share ideas and cross-promote content.
What will you be responsible for?
The deliverables for the Editor will be daily news articles, weekly feature-length articles, twice-weekly e-newsletters (to begin), and an active social media presence.
The position of Editor of will be responsible for both the strategic and tactical direction of the brand. In practical terms, this means:
- Deciding upon the structure of the brand – specifically, how content verticals will be branded and categorized.
- Extend existing deep relationships in the RIA/financial advisor world.
- Ideating, commissioning, editing, and publishing features and news.
- Writing and editing daily news articles (i.e. being a player/coach in the newsroom).
- Working with the creative director to commission/have art created to accompany articles.
- Managing the production of twice-weekly (with the potential for greater frequency) e-newsletters.
- Managing social media efforts across the brand.
- Managing the deputy editor and staff writer.
- Ideating and producing new products/deliverables for the brand.
- Participating/moderating at RIA Institute events
What are we looking for?
- Applicants for the role of editor of RIA Intel should possess the following characteristics:
- Strong understanding of, and presence in, the RIA/financial advisor market.
- Extensive experience editing short- and long-form content in RIA/financial advisor space.
- Experience originating article ideas in the RIA/financial advisor space.
- Experience managing a team of contributors and/or internal editorial staff.
- Ability to advise on, and moderate, live content for an RIA/financial advisor audience.
Perks of Working at Institutional Investor
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Opportunity to participate in our wellness program
- Onsite events around engaging with our employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefit program
To apply, go here.