Insider’s enterprise tech team seeks an editor
Insider’s Enterprise tech team is looking for an editor to help shape our coverage and manage a growing team of reporters.
The Enterprise tech team has a broad scope across the business technology landscape, covering cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft; software companies including Salesforce, Snowflake, and Zoom; hot startups like GitLab and Databricks.
These cloud providers and the companies in their ecosystem are increasingly foundational to the way modern business is conducted.
Our reporters deliver deep dives, profiles, scoops, investigations, and timely takes on breaking news in the wider enterprise IT market. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a wide range of story formats and turnaround times.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to edit stories quickly and with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative ideas to assign to our reporters, including everything from power player lists to deeply reported investigations.
- Passion for finding new angles and different approaches to telling stories from inside the tech industry.
- Experience with enterprise tech companies as a reporter or editor.
- Assigning both daily and long-term assignments.
- Working with reporters to elevate the quality of their journalism.
- Editing stories in a wide range of formats and lengths.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role, and links to your previous work.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Insider community.
Not sure what makes for a great resume and/or cover letter? Check out our best practices guide here: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11.
The person in this role would report to the Deputy Editor who is based in San Francisco, but all candidates will be considered. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
To apply, go here.