Insider is hiring an editor to lead our venture capital and startups coverage.
Silicon Valley’s startup scene is exploding, with investors from all over the world competing to find and fund the next billion-dollar “unicorn” companies. Business Insider is looking for an editor to work with reporters and dive headfirst into the frenzied world of innovation, money, and hubris.
The ideal candidate is eager to publish stories on the people and deals at the center of the story, curious to explore the ways powerful tech interests are influencing what gets funded and what doesn’t, and alert to the downsides of the startup boom.
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable with a wide range of story formats and turnaround times, and a pro at guiding collaborative work. Familiarity with the variety of metrics and analytics used in a digital newsroom is a plus.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be comfortable editing scoops, exclusive features, and ambitious investigative projects in a timely manner.
- Have excellent news judgment to decide quickly on coverage priorities.
- Be frank and polite about feedback to help reporters grow, while always being quick to reward great work.
- Have experience developing newer reporters, while inspiring star journalists to stretch themselves.
- Value diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, story assignments, and sourcing.
- Be well-versed in beat reporting and able to coach reporters on sourcing tactics that help them break into major companies.
- Advise and encourage reporters to generate consistent original reporting that other publications need to chase and executives need to read.
- Be a team player who actively collaborates with Insider’s other reporting teams to elevate all of our tech coverage.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
To apply, go here.