Insider is hiring a U.S.-based reporting fellow to join our finance team in June 2023.
Insider’s finance desk reports on the real-life world of “Billions”: hedge funds. The reporting fellow will help contribute stories about the people and culture of this secretive and powerful $4 trillion industry, covering recruiting, internships, compensation, and its billionaire personalities.
The finance reporting fellow will spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching, and producing features — even possibly breaking news. They’ll work on stories like:
- A D.E. Shaw internship could land a dream gig at the secretive hedge fund. Here’s what it takes.
- Citadel’s Ken Griffin advice to interns: Hustle during your 20s and be aggressive when asking for a promotion
- Inside the 5-hour psychological interview that can make or break your career at Citadel, Blackstone, and other finance titans
Fellows are strongly encouraged to come into one of our offices — located in New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We have a full calendar of in-person events that will focus on learning from our award-winning staff, expanding your network, and building your skills as a journalist.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- A background in journalism, writing, and reporting online
- Curiosity about, if not interest in, the finance industry (investment banking, trading, wealth management, markets)
- An ability to spot trends about young finance professionals at hedge funds (effectively your peers), providing a perspective on the industry that readers aren’t getting elsewhere.
- A willingness to take the initiative to make calls and chase down interviews
All our editorial fellows should have:
- A passion for digital storytelling, voracious reading habits, and familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced global team
- A self-starter attitude and excellent organizational skills
- Solid proofreading/copy editing skills and light HTML/Photoshop experience
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months, they are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see here: https://www.insider-inc.com/careers/fellowship-program.
- Rate of Pay $20.00 (overtime when needed and approved)
- PTO and paid holidays
- Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits on their 91st day of employment
For further details click here.