Insider is seeking a journalist who has recently been displaced due to humanitarian reasons for a one-year, mid-career reporting fellowship.
Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential and loved journalism company. At Insider, we aim to cover the people, companies, and ideas changing our world. Our team members embody and uphold Insider’s three core values: we are all one team, we are effective, and we strive to get better every day.
The Role & Team:
We recognize that many journalists are forced to flee their home country for reasons of personal safety. We seek someone who has settled in the United States within the past two years and seeks to continue in their pursuit of accuracy and truth here at Insider. We believe this position will strengthen our newsroom with a diverse voice and perspective.
This is a mid-career fellowship for journalists with experience doing in-depth research and reporting. The journalist will work in our digital newsroom. Candidates should have at least 3-5 years of experience in journalism and be eager to develop our style and expand our areas of coverage. Applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to pitch diverse stories, gain unusual access, find original characters, write solid copy, and craft visual videos (if applying for video). By the end of their fellowship, fellows will become experts in digital storytelling; produce work that is distributed to our audience of millions; receive training to sharpen their digital journalism skills.
Applicants must be based in the United States, with refugee status or work authorization. Fellows can either be fully remote or based out of one of our offices.
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate.
- A focus on deadlines and organizational skills.
- A meticulous focus on accuracy, fairness and journalism standards.
- Training and experience working for a multinational news organization.
- Fluent English-language skills.
Additionally, all of our editorial fellows should have:
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
- A love of Insider and our mission to serve readers with the information and inspiration they need in a way that’s accurate, fair, fast, and fun
Salary: Salary: $75,000 (overtime when needed and approved)
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
For further details click here.