Inside Higher Ed, the leading national daily publication covering higher education, seeks an experienced, ambitious journalist to join its editorial management team as an editor managing our expanding array of surveys, reports and booklets and collaborating on in-person and virtual events.
Reporting to the editor in chief and working with other members of our editorial leadership team, the senior editor for special content will manage reporters who produce advertiser-supported* editorial content: surveys of presidents, admissions officers and other senior administrators; special reports; and booklet compilations. The editor will also help set the agenda for and participate in Inside Higher Ed’s in-person events and plan and moderate webcasts.
The job of the senior editor will include:
- Working with the relevant Inside Higher Ed reporters and editors and our survey partner to draft, produce, analyze and deliver a set of annual surveys of key higher ed institution administrators.
- Working with freelance writers to produce several special reports per year
- Collaborating with colleagues from Inside Higher Ed and Times Higher Education on themes, programming and speakers for annual series of events.
- Representing Inside Higher Ed in speaking engagements and at other events.
- Working with colleagues to develop new ways to produce and deliver high-quality content.
Candidates should have:
- At least 5-7 years of professional journalism experience, ideally including some time as an editor.
- Excellent editing ability and demonstrated skill in working under deadline pressure.
- Outstanding organizational skills to track multiple major projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Comfort with public speaking and representing an organization.
- Deep knowledge of higher education is preferred.
For more details click here.