Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for news, analysis, and services for the world of higher education, is seeking an enterprising, curious reporter to join its team of talented journalists. The general assignment reporter will cover a plethora of issues at a time of great tumult for colleges and their students, including diversity and equity, enrollment, and colleges’ efforts to survive and thrive, to name a few.
- Monitor the latest news, research, and issues that impact higher ed.
- Generate relevant and compelling story ideas that serve the needs of our readers.
- Write spot stories responding to news events and more extended pieces with more profound analysis.
- Deliver news that reflects a wide range of voices and perspectives.
- Reporting and writing with accuracy, clarity, and speed.
- 3 + years as a professional news reporter
- Experience in a news organization
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team in a friendly, collaborative culture
- Meeting deadlines in a fast-paced news environment
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Writing, or Communications
Salary: The salary range is $50,000-$60,000.
For more information click here.