Inside Higher Ed, the leading source for the latest news, analysis, and services for the entire higher education community, is seeking a Digital Producer to enhance the visual presentation of our news content. The Producer will curate the home page and work closely with reporters and editors to incorporate multimedia elements into stories, ensuring that photos, graphics, and videos inform and engage online readers and viewers.
The role’s preferred location is the Washington, D.C., area with a hybrid office schedule. The role has the potential to be largely remote for the right candidate.
- Curate and update the Inside Higher Ed home page
- Select and place photos and other multimedia in articles
- Publish newsletters
- Send breaking news alerts and emails
- Create news-based charts and graphics
- Collaborate with reporters and editors to envision and create digital content
- Assist with various publishing tasks
- Work in areas including social media, video, and podcasting
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and best practices in digital journalism
- At least 2 years of experience working in a digital or web production role for a publisher, preferably a news outlet
- Familiarity with content management systems and newsroom workflow tools
- Experience with visual editing, design, and/or data visualization software (such as Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Flourish, and Tableau)
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in journalism, media, or a related field)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment?
- Availability to work late afternoon and evening hours and, potentially, one weekend day
- Excellent and accurate writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong news judgment and editorial sensibilities
- An excellent “eye” for good photos and digital aesthetics
- Ability to work in a friendly, collaborative culture while also being able to rapidly respond to urgent news events
- A journalism education or background
- Familiarity with higher education issues and topics
- Copy editing experience
- Experience as a photographer and/or photo editor
- Familiarity with HTML
- Experience with and/or training in Data Journalism
- Experience with and/or training in Data Visualization and graphics creation
For more information click here.