We are seeking a production sub-editor who will be responsible for editorial work, layout, production and delivery of the division’s commercial editorial projects, including advertorials, white papers, market reports and commercially driven supplements. With a focus on our awards campaigns, the candidate will work with clients, marketing and editorial teams co-ordinating and delivering awards collateral across multiple projects.
As well as working on commercial editorial projects, you will ensure the related marketing and events literature is being produced to the highest standard. You will review marketing content for quality, accuracy and consistency, including customer communications, website assets and messaging, as well as internal and external presentation decks. Ideally, you can turn sometimes clumsy messaging into something more clear, succinct and engaging.
This is a challenging and diverse role, ideal for an experienced sub-editor interested in a position working across multiple titles and projects, often simultaneously, and across a variety of media. With the ability to produce meticulous content, the successful candidate will work within the commercial editorial team to ensure paid-for and marketing content is produced to the highest standard and, as an advocate for best practice, you’ll be detail-focused and proactive.
The role covers commercial editorial projects across a range of titles and involves working closely with global clients post-sale: from chasing copy, interpreting and implementing clients’ requirements and meeting their expectations to production and delivery of final copy and content for publication across a variety of media. Duties on commercial supplements, market reports, white papers and other projects include design, layout and managing copy flow and deadlines with editorial, commercial teams, events, marketing and production staff.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of awards collateral – including winners’ features, logos, social media and marketing content – to clients and winners across a variety of campaigns. You will also assume responsibility for presentation of these assets online across our websites.
Commercial production duties include:
- Editorial work, layout, production and support on commercial editorial projects, white papers, advertorials, market reports, supplements and other projects, in print and online, requiring copy-editing, subediting, proofreading, writing headlines, standfirsts and captions.
- Layout and some design work using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.
- Liaising and working with clients post-sale to ensure an efficient production process, including interpreting and implementing their requirements within reasonable parameters, managing and meeting client expectations to produce final copy for publication, launch or supply across a variety of media/platforms.
- Working closely with the sales and marketing teams to create and provide awards packages, comprising customised PDFs, logos plus any associated print and online editorial and video content to clients, award winners, and co-ordinating the awards collateral delivery process.
- Carry out design work as and when required, which could include creating infographics, marketing collateral and InDesign templates.
- Creating print-ready and online reports and supplements and associated material, requiring a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, and workflow systems, ensuring schedules and deadlines are adhered to.
- Any other work-related tasks that may reasonably be requested.
Marketing duties include:
- Sub-editing marketing and events copy, from email campaigns to conference brochures, awards literature, internal and external marketing projects, and any other related text.
- Liaising with the marketing and events teams to ensure ongoing education with regard to quality and standards.
- Spotting any issues with image quality and working towards rectifying them by requesting new images or fixing existing issues using Photoshop where possible.
- Liaising with the marketing and events design team to advise on any necessary text or visual changes.
- Extensive, proven, practical knowledge of and expertise in using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat within a Mac environment are a must, with Illustrator knowledge or experience desirable.
- Extensive sub-editing experience, including writing headlines, captions and standfirsts, proofreading and copy-editing.
- An unfailing attention to detail, ensuring copy conforms to four distinct house styles.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and sometimes brands simultaneously.
- Practical ability in the use and creation of publications in print and other media – applicants must have some background knowledge in digital media/publishing.
- Practical knowledge of and experience in using a content management system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, including the ability to liaise with clients and staff at all levels of the organisation, and with a passion for educating others on good practice.
- Solid, practical experience as a production editor or similar (sub-editing, layout, image creation/manipulation, online work, graph/chart/table creation).
- Experience of advertorial work.
- Ability to contribute to project management and deliver high-quality work on time, sometimes within a tight schedule, and with minimum supervision.
- Not essential, but some experience of finance and trading technologies would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of print publishing practices.
Expires: 14:00 on 16 February 2023
For more information click here.