Industry Dive seeks managing editor for energy and environment
The Managing Editor will oversee Industry Dive’s energy and environment publications — Utility Dive, Smart Cities Dive, and Waste Dive — and manage the teams of journalists who report, write and edit them.
The Managing Editor will set editorial direction and strategy, spearhead major editorial initiatives, drive innovation, and mobilize their teams to act on challenges and opportunities. The Managing Editor will hire and onboard new team members; train, coach and mentor their staff; manage resources and budgets; and lead the teams forward. This position reports to the Editor-in-Chief.
What you can bring to the table
- Ability to coach, lead and manage teams of editors and reporters.
- Ability to build and grow compelling editorial products that resonate with business readers.
- Strong knowledge of digital news and business journalism.
- Knowledge of energy and environmental journalism strongly preferred.
- Instincts for understanding the needs of niche business audiences.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with 2+ years as a manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
To apply, go here.