We’re Industry Dive, a fast-growing business journalism company based out of Washington, DC.
Currently, we are looking for an editor to help lead our latest publication dedicated to chief financial officers. We’re looking for a sharp editor and talented journalist who wants to dig deep into the trends and storylines shaping the future for CFOs.
You won’t be regurgitating bland press releases here. You will get a chance to own a fast-growing digital product, guide a team to cover an important sector, and use all your journalism tools, from reporting breaking news to shaping longer trend stories. You’ll workshop story ideas with a team, develop sources for the publication, and work in a growing newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity.
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of business reporting, writing, and editing. Experience in financial journalism strongly preferred.
- Ability to coach and guide a small team to cover news, produce email newsletters and develop longer-term features.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing business stories and finance concepts. Ability to shape coverage and understand stories that impact chief financial officers.
- A clear interest in issues that impact a national audience of chief financial officers, including but not limited to financial regulations, economic indicators, tax policy, financial planning, and technology.
- Tuned-in instincts for writing headlines, reporting breaking news, and building an editorial product that resonates with a niche business audience.
- Comfort with social media and the ability to build an audience on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of your work.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 3 years at a minimum with at least 2 years of experience in business journalism.
To apply, go here.