We’re Industry Dive, a fast-growing business journalism company based out of Washington, DC. We’re looking for sharp, talented journalists who are working to further their abilities in business journalism and digital news.
Currently, we are hiring for a reporter to write and produce content for our soon-to-launch publication on cybersecurity.
You will get a chance to help grow a digital product, work closely with your team to cover an important sector, and use all your journalism tools. You’ll workshop story ideas with a team, develop sources for the publication, and work in a fast-growing, innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity.
The reporter will regularly report and write stories; from breaking news briefs to in-depth original articles and features that analyze the trends and events impacting the cybersecurity landscape. You will monitor your beat, pitch story ideas, cultivate relationships with sources, hunt down scoops, cover breaking news and trends and attend conferences and events. This position reports to the managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven writing and reporting skills, especially complex topics.
- Ability to interpret and analyze tech trends and major news events.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with important sources.
- Strong digital news knowledge.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Ability to report and write stories for daily deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a journalist, including at least 2 years covering cybersecurity. Business journalism experience preferred.
To apply, go here.