iDIPLO Media is seeking a Part-Time Managing Editor (est. 15-25 hours per week) with a potential of Full-Time employment in Fall 2022 to begin immediately-fully remote until Fall 2022.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
iDIPLO Media is a Modern Diplomacy + News platform for Governments, Embassies, and Global Audiences seeking to innovate, impact and inspire – Digital and social media platforms – iNFORM digital magazine and supplement – Thematic and experiential events
We bridge Modern Diplomacy with Global Affairs, Creative Economies, Future of Cities + Work, Education, Agriculture, Health + Aging, Tech, Arts + Culture, Lifestyle, and Travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are exploring two (2) candidate options:
- Managing editor w/foreign policy, journalism, and international affairs experience that can work across editorial pipeline management and assist with diplomatic interviews, writing, etc
- Strong managing editor with other industry experience, strong passion or interest in bridging topics to international affairs and foreign policy and a foreign policy/embassy affairs freelance journalist on contract
Please clarify interests in application.
- 3+ years of professional journalism, foreign policy, and/or strong background in editing, proofreading, journalism, and writing across media platforms.
- Passionate about international affairs, diplomacy, and/or foreign policy
- Ability to position international affairs and foreign policy within diverse industry topics, to include arts, creative economies, agriculture, communities and culture, technology, future of cities, ect.
- Excited to embrace start-up culture and work in small teams
- Strong grammar/spelling/copy editing/organizational skills
- Experience managing or coordinating freelancers, editorial contributors, and interns or strong organizational skills and willingness to learn quickly.
- Experience writing and editing in English
- Experience interviewing high-level diplomats, officials, and business/industry leaders
- Interested in a non-partisan, culturally diverse work environment
Immediate launch needs:
- Work directly with Founders and Publisher to establish editorial deadlines and goals, editorial process and organizational systems. Ongoing duties listed below
- Manage editorial lifecycle: editorial pitching, assignment, article drafts/submissions and pipeline for web platform and co-editing with guest editors for iNFORM digital magazine
- Edit a wide variety of content such as; blog-style posts, articles, newsletters, press coverage requests, and social media content
- Manage editorial lifecycle: editorial pitching, assignment, article drafts/submissions and pipeline, fact checking.
- Communicate directly with partners, clients, freelancers, and stakeholders to propose, explain, develop pitch ideas or coverage topics, including embassy staff
- Manage editorial calendar and budgets
- Lead role in positioning stories within diplomatic and foreign affairs topics
LOCATION | iDIPLO Media is based in Washington, D.C. with global digital nomad opportunities and press trips throughout the year (travel not mandatory)
REMOTE: Potential for full-time remote. Ideal candidate has capacity to attend events, moderate panels and events in Washington, D.C. and engage with the diplomatic and legislative community. We are open to considering a global or fully remote candidate with the right experience and team fit.
- $59,000 – $75,000 a year – Full-time, Part-time, Contract
For more information, visit their website.