Idaho Statesman seeks growth and development reporter
The Idaho Statesman in Boise, Idaho, is looking for a strong reporter with a passion for accountability and enterprise work to lead our Growth & Development coverage. The Boise area is among the fastest growing metro areas in the country — with all the fun (new businesses, restaurants, parks, etc.) and pain (soaring housing prices, increasing traffic, etc.) that comes with it.
The successful candidate will help us provide essential coverage in the rapidly growing and changing Treasure Valley. You’ll join a news team that provides breakthrough investigative reporting, stays on top of development happenings, keeps a watchful eye on local governments and produces lightning-fast breaking news.
We are a digitally focused news organization, so it’s critical that applicants have a strong understanding of SEO, social media and how to use digital elements (photos, videos, graphics) to complement their reporting.
You must understand the need for speed as well as context. Your goal is to help us grow our audience reach and earn loyal readers by ensuring that we are a credible, timely and compelling source of news in Boise and surrounding communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred.
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
- An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting to audiences on all platforms
- A deep curiosity and high energy
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and engagingly on a wide variety of topics.
- A collaborative work ethic and the ability to communicate easily with colleagues
- Proficient knowledge of technology including content management systems and storytelling tools
- Ability to quickly and accurately research and verify the authenticity of information, sources, photos and video.
- Reporters with a year or more of successful reporting experience will be most comfortable in this role.
To apply, go here.