Huck is looking for writers
Huck is looking for writers with bright ideas related to politics, current affairs, activism, culture and tech from around the globe.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Huck is a youth publication that celebrates and explores independent culture, including people and movements that paddle against the flow. It features stories from the countercultural frontlines — punks, skaters, surfers, artists, activists, filmmakers, photographers and more.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Check out these stories below to get an idea of what we would like to see:
- We love pieces about gig economy workers and how they’re fighting back against bad bosses. See piece by Anna Dent.
- We would like to add more oral histories, like this superb piece on the Mersey model by Ella Glover.
- Forgotten or underreported histories, like this fantastic piece from Moya Crockett on the 1988 nurses’ strike.
- Articles digging into intriguing, surprising emerging trends, such as this from Serena Smith.
- Brilliant, vital on-the-ground reporting from our politics editor extraordinaire, Ben Smoke.
- Reporting on major issues from around the world, such as this illuminating piece by Conrad Johnson-Omodiagbe looking at #EndSARS one year on – amazing photography is always a big bonus.
- ~$160-$300 – (£120-£200 for interviews/profiles and £225 and up for larger pieces). It is recommended that you discuss the rate(s) individually upon acceptance of your pitch.
Please email all questions and submissions to Daisy Schofield, Digital Editor of Huck at: firstname.lastname@example.org.