Houston Chronicle seeks business news digital producer
Chron.com, the Houston Chronicle’s flagship website, is seeking a business digital producer who can blend traditional reporting skills, data mining and news aggregation to produce multiple pieces of digital business content each day that drive unique visitors to chron.com and draw eyeballs on social media.
This is a fast-paced, metrics-focused position that can be a lot of fun for a content creator with drive. It’s also a job that can put your work in front of the eyes of millions of readers and provide a well-rounded digital background for a future in business reporting. A visual and creative person interested in gaining experience working in business journalism will excel in this role.
This position is responsible for:
- reporting and publishing multiple posts a day to the business section — from business opening and closing reports to consumer-focused news and listicles
- packaging business section content (newsroom and third-party) with related links, slideshows, video, graphics and databases to increase engagement
- crafting headlines that work for display on our site, search and social
- promoting content to the homepage editors and using email alerts, browser notifications and social to draw readers back to our site
- managing email newsletters and section fronts
- monitoring audience analytics to better understand what content visitors are consuming on the site in effort to produce more of that content in the future
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.