We’re looking for an enterprising, audience-focused and collaborative Digital Producer to join Hearst Connecticut Media Group’s team at a time when we’re growing digital subscriptions.
The Digital Producer would join a team that oversees, manages and creates content for nine daily news sites. Producers curate and package stories from multiple sources, including the editorial staff, wires and more, and publish that content across platforms.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with editors, reporters, photographers and other audience team members to curate, package and elevate stories and headlines across platforms that engage and retain local readers
- Communicates effectively across departments during breaking and planned news events to alert readers to key story developments via newsletters, mobile alerts, social posts and more
- Uses strong editorial judgment to create and curate engaging content, combing local and non-local online news resources for relevant stories, photos, videos and more for our readers
- Demonstrates a high comfort level with analyzing and interpreting metrics and uses them to inform coverage decisions in real-time and the long-term
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, English, communications or related field preferred
- Experience in a news environment preferred
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proven ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to speak a second language like Spanish a plus
- Comfortable with night and weekend work
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume for review.
For more details click here.