Are you ready to join an innovative and dynamic team at Hearst Connecticut Media Group? We’re on the lookout for a passionate and enterprising Trending Reporter to be part of our exciting journey as we expand our digital subscriptions! If you’re a storyteller at heart, love engaging with audiences, and have a knack for uncovering the most fascinating stories, this is the role you’ve been waiting for!
Your Role: As our Trending Reporter, you’ll be at the forefront of our mission, working collaboratively with our talented editors, reporters, photographers, and audience experts to create impactful and engaging stories across various platforms. You’ll be the driving force behind breaking news and in-depth features that captivate our local subscribers and other readers. We’re counting on you to identify the trends and stories that matter most to our audience, using your data-driven insights to make real-time and long-term coverage decisions.
In addition to your writing skills, if you have the ability to capture the perfect photo or video to complement your stories, and the courage to go live on Facebook for those unforgettable breaking stories, that’s a big plus!
- Do you have experience writing or editing for a newspaper, news website, or magazine?
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, English, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- We need someone who thrives in a deadline-driven environment, demonstrating a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- If you can speak a second language like Spanish, that’s a fantastic asset.
- A valid driver’s license and a working vehicle are required for this position.
- This full-time job with benefits is based in Connecticut, and not open to remote. We are in a hybrid work environment.
Send a cover letter, resume and clips for review.
For more details click here.