Hart Energy is the leading multi-channel media, data, and events network for the global energy industry.
This position is primarily responsible for reporting on the latest trends and developments in onshore oil and gas technology and developments in onshore oil and gas technology and carbon management. This journalist will help lead coverage on everything including drilling and completions technologies, automation, carbon capture and storage, emission-reduction technologies, AI and much more during a critical time when the industry is moving toward cleaner, net-zero emissions goals. The reporter will develop sources, research, interview, report and write features, trend stories, breaking news, investigative pieces and more. Reporting to the Senior Editor, Energy Transition, this associate-level position will contribute news, executive Q&A’s special reports and series for HartEnergy.com, Oil and Gas Investor magazine, E&P Weekly, additional newsletters and special reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists senior editors with all phases of the content development and production of Hart Energy’s digital and print products.
- Copy edits, proofreads and reviews content for the website, newsletters, magazines and special projects.
- Writes assigned articles, which can include research and interviews.
- Works with senior staff to develop video interview concepts and interviews industry executives on camera for HartEnergy.com.
- Moderates roundtables and webinars both in-person and online as needed.
- Participates at company-sponsored conferences as needed, including on-site moderating and session coverage for the generation of online content.
- Travels to events outside of home office, including field assignments as specified by senior staff.
- Attends professional and social events relevant to the publication’s content and audience.
- 2 years related experience reporting on energy and/or technology markets.
- Experience in oil and gas and/or other energy industries preferred.
- SEO best practices and capabilities of growing digital across the company’s digital platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail, deadline driven.
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in Journalism, English, Communications or related field a plus
For further details click here.