Hart Energy is the leading multi-channel media, data and events network fo the global energy industry. For nearly five decades Hart Energy’s publications and events ahve informed, connected, and inspired energy professionals.
The Associate Editor will work at the direction of the Senior Managing Editor to write and manage digital content for HartEnergy.com and its associated e-newsletters. This entry level position will assist the senior editorial staff in gathering and writing energy industry daily news, writing and editing daily features for digital media, producing digital newsletters for target audiences, updating online directors and assisting with video and webinar content development.
Note, this is not considered a remote position. Position may be approved to work remotely one day a week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Senior Editors with all phases of the content development and production of Hart Energy’s digital products.
- Learn and maintain Hart Energy and AP style and standards.
- Copy editors, proofread and review content for the website and newsletters.
- Write assigned articles, which can include research and interviews.
- Write special project content
- Contact contributors and guide article content as requested by senior staff
- Post content to website via our CMS.
- Maintain and produce assigned e-newsletter.
- Update and maintain directories and calendars.
- Participate at company-sponsored conferences as needed, including onsite moderating and session coverage for the generation of online content.
- Occasionally travel to events outside of Hart Energy office, including field assignments as specified by senior staff.
- Attends professional and social events relevant to the publication’s content and audience.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines and handle work related stress.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to establish and maintain a professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- G Suite, CMS use and/or Marketo experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in English, journalism or related field and at least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For further details click here.