Hakai Magazine is looking for writers
Hakai Magazine is looking for writers to contribute news features with a newsy hook, or, put another way, news stories with more space and breadth for color and insight, history and nuance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hakai Magazine explores science and society in coastal ecosystems. Its editorially independent, web publication examines the ties between the ocean, land, and human societies through long- and short-form journalism.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- The rate for these stories will be CAN $1.30 per word- 1500 to 2000 word features with a newsy hook.
- The stories will go through multiple rounds of editing, and will require annotation for fact checking.
Please email all questions and submissions to Colin Schultz, News Editor of Hakai Magazine at: colin.schultz@hakaimagazine.