Gulf Coast Media is looking for an energetic journalist committed to helping our staff reinvent local media in Baldwin County, Alabama, and the surrounding region. The ideal candidate will be a proficient writer and understand how to build audience through a variety of digital platforms. Local government, education and/or economic growth coverage may be a part of this position.
The journalist will join our independent, family-owned team that is revolutionizing local content through both print and online programming. The applicant will be eager to pitch story ideas and collaborate with other staff to produce engaging written and multimedia content. The ideal candidate will enjoy experimenting with new ways to tell and promote stories through newsletters, video, social, podcasts and digital media. Any experience with graphic design and/or the Adobe Production Suite is a plus.
Gulf Coast Media produces newspapers for the county – The Baldwin Times, The Onlooker, The Courier and The Islander. We also publish a variety of magazines, including Beachin’, the area’s Visitor Guide, Best of Baldwin and guides to local festivals.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- College Degree required, preferably in the field of Journalism.
- Experience covering local and regional stories.
- Consistent news judgment for a local audience and an interest in emerging technology.
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, professional environment.
- A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and a strong sense of humor.
- Experience with graphic design, Adobe InDesign or video editing is a plus.
- Experience with innovative forms of multimedia storytelling is all a plus.
Send resume and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click here.