GridGain is looking to hire a contract Content Creator who can work with our team to get a handle on our 1250+ page website.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
When it comes to enterprise applications, microseconds matter. And when organizations need extreme speed and scale, they turn to GridGain Systems. GridGain is the company behind Apache Ignite, the open source distributed database preferred by performance-obsessed developers. We are also the provider of the GridGain In-memory Computing Platform that JPMorgan Chase, ING, Citi, UPS, American Airlines, DreamWorks, CMA CGM, IBM, VMware, Microsoft, and United Healthcare rely on for application speed, scale and availability.
GridGain is growing. So, now’s the time to join the company that, in 2021, was recognized among Silicon Valley Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Inc. 5000.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GridGain is seeking a contract writer to work across our marketing, training and technical teams. The goal is as simple as it is broad: publish on-brand content that enables software developers to learn, use and succeed with Apache Ignite and GridGain products. We have the beginnings of an editorial calendar and messaging guidelines. You’ll help us solidify those efforts, and then write for developers, architects and buyers. We already have more than 1250 pages on our website, with some great content, some outdated content that needs a refresh and a lot of tidying up to do. You will work on both editing existing content and creating new content.
Use your skills communicating with database administrators, Java developers, and technical audiences to enable successful use of Apache Ignite and GridGain products. We have some great content, some outdated content that needs a refresh and a lot of tidying up to do. You’ll edit existing content and collaborate with our development, solutions, and marketing teams to write new content. You should be able to share writing samples of content developed specifically for developer audiences, be experienced working in a CMS like Drupal and have a flair for publishing clear, accurate, search-optimized and helpful content.
- Create persuasive (product overviews, use case benefits), informative (white papers, success stories) and educational content (tutorials, procedures) for developer products
- Operate effectively at every phase of the content creation life cycle: outlining, editing, writing proofreading, selecting images, titles subheads, hyperlinks, and quotes, securing internal approvals and publishing.
- Expert English-language speaker and writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn, understand and explain complex topics to engineering audiences
- Empathy for developers learning a new technology … and a keen eye for detail
- Project schedule management; communicate project status internally
- Writing samples that demonstrate proficiency with developer technologies, products and audiences
- Experience with web publishing tools like Content Management Systems, screen capture/recording tools, consolidating comments, etc.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $75-$80 per hour
For more information, visit their website.