GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
Are you passionate about the ability of high-quality journalism and other forms of digital content to empower business leaders and others to confront the climate crisis?GreenBiz is looking for an Executive Editor to shepherd, sharpen, and help reimagine the day-to-day editorial coverage for its newsletters and website. This is an essential part of an overall expansion and reinvigoration of GreenBiz’s digital content offerings and operations, including a redesign of our editorial pages.The successful candidate will work closely with editorial leadership to:
- Home in on the right mix of daily coverage on the business of climate including topics, types (news, features, expert how-to), and formats to serve our audiences
- Help turn GreenBiz’s daily report into a must-read for chief sustainability officers, their teams, and other tech, finance, government, and procurement leaders in the space
- Differentiate GreenBiz from other digital offerings
- Help refine the editorial approach and operation to position for growth
The successful candidate will report to the VP Editorial Strategy and Products. Beyond the responsibilities outlined below, additional duties may emerge as business needs for this position evolve.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assign and edit GreenBiz’s daily digital coverage of the business of climate for its newsletters and site
- Edit news, business features, and expert how-to management pieces, all as part of a daily report intended to help sustainability professionals, their teams, and other key climate business audiences do their jobs better now and in the future
- Day-to-day management of three reporters, as well as a stable of freelance writers
- Help to both narrow the scope of coverage to what GreenBiz editorial can do best, and simultaneously expand audiences through digital best practices, such as using data to inform decision-making and headlines that get clicks
- Help define key beats and support reporters in effectively developing those beats for original coverage that can’t be found anywhere else
- Play a role in helping rethink, test, and iterate the editorial coverage (topics, types, and formats) to help GreenBiz be a valued and useful resource
- Train and mentor reporters, editors, and analysts (often without traditional business journalism experience) to efficiently produce quality content
Support the success of the GreenBiz events team:
- Contribute to our in-person and digital events. Opportunities include moderating discussions and conducting interviews in breakout sessions and on the main stage.
- 8+ years experience in business journalism, with at 3+ years in editorial leadership
- Knowledge of climate and sustainability issues, particularly from the private sector perspective
- Excellent editing skills
- Excellent business journalism training skills
- Editing/reporting experience at a business-to-business trade publication
- A track record of delivering exclusive, high-quality coverage on deadline
- Experience with growing online audiences through search, social, partnerships and more
- Deep understanding of digital media platforms, and industry best-practices, including revenue models
- Exceptional communication with strong speaking and interpersonal skills
- Quick thinking, learning and problem-solving capability
- Flexibility in a constantly evolving environment
- Strong writing skills and command of grammar and style
- Strong attention to detail, with proven time management and multitasking skills
- A can-do attitude
To apply, go here.