WYMT-TV is looking for a dynamic morning news producer to join its award-winning news team. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic, and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to put together an informative, fast-paced newscast.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
- Work with reporters and news team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Deliver breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Collaborate with producers, reporters, and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- Covers news in the field to generate, produce, and deliver high profile special reports
- Edit video for broadcasts and the web
- Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- Degree in broadcast journalism preferred.
- English majors and print journalists are encouraged to apply.
For further details click here.