Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
KCBD News Channel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market.
Lubbock’s legacy station is looking for a digital news content producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a journalist with strong writing skills who creates news content across all digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates, and web stories that are updated as news develops
- Thinking outside the box; contributing in ways to grow our already dominant digital presence
- Monitoring social media and other digital sources to find new content
- Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to create news content that meets our high standards
- Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software, and other resources
- Creating innovative and user-friendly elements inside of articles for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
- Additional duties as assigned, including assignment desk help and conducting interviews for stories
- Ability to field viewer calls, and cold call sources to confirm tips & scanner traffic
- Assisting the Digital Content Manager on implementing Digital Initiatives
- Empathy for others. A team-builder, with a dedication to collaboration and getting it right
- Degree in journalism/communications/English or equivalent background preferred
- Some newsroom experience preferred
- Preferred knowledge of ENPS, Google Analytics, and other tools
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style
- Availability to work various hours as breaking news or special events warrant; but understand we have a sizeable staff to spread across all dayparts
- Bachelors or better in English or related field
- Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field
Estimated salary: $34.6K – $43.8K a year
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
For more details click here.