Globe and Mail seeks editor for Report on Business magazine
The Globe and Mail is looking for an experienced and skilled journalist to be the editor of the Report on Business Magazine.
The editor will lead and execute the mission of the publication – to provide exclusive stories about business strategy and leadership that are inspiring and useful to an audience of Canadian executives, senior managers, entrepreneurs and business professionals.
The editor will ensure quality control in everything the magazine produces; represent it at Globe events; ensure the magazine is produced on time and on budget; work with the Revenue department to develop ideas for new magazine initiatives; and develop relationships with the business community and outside groups that share a common interest, such as universities, colleges and other business-learning institutions.
- Manage the magazine’s content schedule, including short- and long-term story lineups.
- Collaborate with the Report on Business editor, with staff and freelance writers and with various newsroom teams, such as Programming and Presentation, to produce and promote high-quality journalism that fits with the vision of the magazine.
- Work with and develop relationships with universities, the business academic community and business leaders in Canada.
- Manage the budget and lead budgeting process for entire magazine (i.e., Production, Advertising, etc.)
- Read all drafts and look at all layouts. Do the first edit on some of the feature stories.
- Help the revenue department develop sales kits and understand editorial initiatives.
- Work closely with Program Manager of Business and Financial Products to execute commercially driven Editorial initiatives.
- Provide input and analysis for financial decisions.
- Work with commercial team on business plans for new initiatives.
To apply, go here.