The Courier-Journal/courier-journal.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for an experienced reporter who delivers smart enterprise, exceptional writing and strong narrative storytelling on a variety of topics. This reporter would produce a mix of shorter, consequential stories on timely topics and deep dives that reveal new layers of a big news story. A proven track record of watchdog reporting and storytelling across multiple platforms is required.
The successful candidate produces ambitious enterprise that sheds light on important issues and sophisticated reporting and writing that provides context to major issues of the day. The ideal candidate also continuously grows a fan base by informing and engaging readers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues and has a keen sense of how to make those issues relatable.
- Produces watchdog journalism that leads to change.
- Contributes to the community’s greater good through impactful journalism.
- Upholds the highest standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
- Creates storytelling that accurately informs and engages specific audiences and platforms.
- Works with editors to evaluate metrics, what’s working, what’s not and to develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Collaborates to provide all appropriate elements for stories, such as photos, videos and graphics.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in communications, journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience5 + years of experience.
- Ability to produce top-notch watchdog journalism.
- Exceptional cross-platform storytelling skills.
- Exceptional core journalism skills (reporter, producing, editing).
- Strong command of AP grammar and style.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Advance knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms in public space
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
For further details click here.