The Tallahassee Democrat/tallahassee.com is seeking an energetic journalist to join its news team, covering local government and courts.
- This reporter will be responsible for following some of the biggest stories in Tallahassee and Leon County
- The job entails being a watchdog who isn’t afraid to ask tough questions, filing record requests, searching court records and working closely with editors and other reporters on a range of topics to continue the Democrat’s award-winning coverage of local government entities
- The ideal candidate for this position has a bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field and is eager to join a hardworking, encouraging newsroom that embraces a commitment to the Tallahassee community and capturing the daily stories that make it unique
- Collegiality, skilled writing, hustle and a just-say-yes attitude are a must
- Actual daily journalism experience is strongly preferred.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
For further information click here.