Gadget Hacks is looking for a freelance contract writer/editor that’s excited and enthusiastic about iPhones and Android phones. If you think you know everything there is to know about your smartphone, you’re probably a good fit.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Gadget Hacks provides lifehacks for your smartphone. We aim to provide the most comprehensive smartphone guide on the web, going deeper than hardware specs into how software, be it the operating system, skins, mods, or apps make up the majority of the smartphone features people care about. We’ll show you how to get more out of the device that never leaves your side, and help you choose which device you should upgrade to next.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time freelance position ranging from $24/hour to $30/hour, depending on experience, pitch quality, writing abilities, and the level of editing required. It’s work-from-home, so you can be anywhere in the U.S., and you’d work 35–40 hours per week pitching/writing/editing how-to articles and some news on:
- iPhone/iOS (iPad/Mac knowledge a plus)
- Android (mostly for phones like Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, and other popular phones)
- Find and pitch story ideas on Apple/Android-related tips, how-tos, explainers, hacks, roundups, comparisons, solutions, automation, news, and more
- Accept story assignments when available
- Write and self-edit your work before turning it in
- If a good self-editor, you may be asked to edit other writers’ work
- Take original photos/screenshots/GIFs when needed
- Communicate with the editor
- Revise stories if needed
- Reply to questions/comments on your stories
- Promote your content
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- How long have you been using iOS and/or Android?
- What iOS and/or Android devices do you currently own/use? (models/years)
- Have you ever written/published how-to content about smartphones or computers?
- For reference, feel free to add links to any content you’ve written about Apple/Android or a related tech field.
- Please provide 1–3 iOS and/or Android article ideas that show off your area of expertise or that you think would do well on our site.
- Do you have access to multiple phones to compare features?
- $24/hour to $30/hour
For more information, visit their website.