What you will be doing:
As hardware editor – TV and audio, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the home entertainment section of TechRadar for the UK. You will work with the US senior editor to bring a vision for the channel to the team, creating a range of content that helps people to understand what the best products on the market are right now, what is coming down the line in the future, and how to get more from what they already have. You will figure out what the right content mix is as part of a site that serves many different types of reader.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include commissioning and managing work from freelance and staff writers, creating a strategy to grow and improve the section, and writing your own articles for the site. This will include news, features, reviews and keyword-targeted content of all kinds. You will use social media to amplify this content to a wider audience, and employ best practices to find the right readers via search, taking ownership of traffic results.
Experience that will put you ahead of the curve:
- An in-depth knowledge of TV and audio technology.
- Experience in a section editor role or similar on a website or magazine.
- A history of editing and commissioning articles from varied freelancers.
- A proven ability to work online and an understanding of the needs it brings.
- Excitement about trying new article styles to engage audiences.
- Good understanding of SEO and analytics.
Closing date: 14:13 on 17 February 2023
For more information click here.