WSJ seeks news editor for live journalism team
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an energetic and efficient news editor to join our Live Journalism team. This editor will help shape and grow the popular Future of Everything franchise, and create and manage multimedia content before, during and after our flagship events.
Live Journalism at the Journal connects our readers with a diverse slate of industry leaders, thinkers and newsmakers, while igniting conversation across communities online. We currently find ourselves in a period of growth and transformation for WSJ Live Journalism, as the team has moved from producing in-person conferences and festivals to a full calendar of hybrid events. You will partner with other editors to drive, develop, and distinguish Journal Future of Everything events from the rest, along with driving audience growth online.
This position will report to the Head of Live Journalism and Special Content and will be based in our New York office.
- Lead engaging conversations on a large variety of topics related to business and technology that take place on-stage
- Guide the audience conversation pre- and post-event: from creating stories ahead of the festival to planning social content to contributing to newsletters and round-ups produced during events.
- Assist in developing content and visuals for conversations that take place onstage, and contribute to the strategy of how we talk about the business, culture, social and political leaders featured at Journal gatherings.
- Be comfortable engaging with a variety of high-profile personalities and guests before and during live events coverage.
- Propose strong, actionable ideas for stories, videos and graphics that grow out of – or feed into – events.
- A solid background and/or interest in editorial content and non-traditional event management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage the many different stakeholders needed to collaborate on multimedia projects and events.
- A high level of energy, creativity and idea generation.
- Experience in developing and editing robust newsletter and social media content.
- In-depth knowledge of business, culture and finance, and the various topics and trends that may be driving their coverage.
- A passion for any new developments in technology, and how they tie into business, culture and finance.
- A love for research and reporting, with a fearless approach to picking up the phone or cold-emailing anyone, anywhere.
- Outstanding writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ideally, experience working and understanding live events.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and examples of your work.
To apply, go here.