The Information seeks an Alphabet/Google reporter
The Information was founded in late 2013 with a simple idea: write deeply reported articles about the technology industry that you won’t find elsewhere. Since then, we’ve become a disruptor in business news that’s moved markets, gotten the early scoop on billions of dollars of acquisitions, and told you what’s happening inside companies like Apple, Meta and Google. As a subscription-only publication, we aim high and take on challenging stories and adhere to the highest of journalistic standards. What we put into the work is just as in-depth as our output. We’ve attracted tens of thousands of paying subscribers who look to us for breaking news stories and impactful features. As we look to expand our coverage in alignment with the needs of our subscribers, we continue to invest aggressively in our team.
We are looking for a reporter to cover Google and its sibling companies inside Alphabet. No company embodies the captivating array of themes surrounding Silicon Valley and tech’s impact on society better than Google. We need someone with the reporting skills to pierce the veil of secrecy around the company and to write the Google stories that aren’t being told, from secret methods it uses to compete with rivals to how it spies on employees and tries to crush internal dissent. Google and Alphabet extend far beyond search and advertising technology, meaning this beat can be a vehicle to report on the “creator economy,” cloud computing, and self-driving cars, among many other fields.
- Report and write stories about Google and its sibling companies inside Alphabet
- Write in-depth features and profiles of key figures, showing our readers the company’s operations and external impact through vivid reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of professional reporting experience
- A proven track record of original reporting, whether in business, technology, politics or other fields
- This position is based in San Francisco or New York
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Basic life insurance
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for parents
- 401(k) with corporate matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
To apply, go here.