The Deal is looking for an enterprising reporter to cover M&A and private equity in the healthcare sector with a keen eye toward services and technologies that revolutionize the U.S. healthcare system and impact deal flow. The role will sit within a team of reporters based in our New York office and be part of a group of more than two dozen journalists, analysts and researchers world-wide. The reporter will be focused on deals within traditional healthcare services, such as dental and eyecare providers, as well as those involving IT tools or software providers that seek to boost healthcare system productivity.
The ideal applicant has basic knowledge of the financial markets and the key players in the world of dealmaking. This reporter will be expected to produce a mix of daily news and feature stories and show the ability to develop sources for breaking news. This reporter will cover companies involved in delivering health services to patients, running clinical trials and developing pharmaceutical treatments, and providing software and tech-enabled services to healthcare platforms, as well as the investors behind those companies. This role will report to a senior editor and work closely with colleagues across the newsroom.
- Break pre-M&A news in the energy and industrials sectors with strong sourcing and news judgment.
- Produce 1 to 2 articles per day including daily news, features and enterprise stories.
- Cultivate a strong network of sources spanning investment bankers, private equity professionals, institutional investors and others involved in dealmaking.
- Develop strong tone and perspective within given industry focus through exclusive, analytical and idea generative content.
- Appearances and on-camera work in video, podcasts, webcasts and conferences.
- Domestic and international travel to attend Deal-branded and other industry conferences.
- Basic knowledge of financial markets and terminology
- Demonstrate ability to break news and analyze situations on the fly
- Excellent communication skills, both on the phone and in-person
- Be confident working to strict deadlines
- Willingness to make calls and attend meetings for source development
- On-camera or on-air experience
- Healthcare industry experience a plus, but not required
Perks of Working at The Deal
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k retirement plan
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Opportunity to participate in our wellness program
- Onsite events around engaging with our employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefit program
The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 to $75,000. The actual compensation may vary based on geographic location, work experience, education and skill levels. Our total compensation packages may also include competitive annual bonuses, commissions, or quarterly MBOs, dependent on the role.
To apply, go here.