The San Antonio Business Journal, a thriving and growing news organization in the country’s seventh-largest city, is looking for a full-time Digital Editor. The position is the gatekeeper for all digital content, working directly with a seasoned team of reporters to curate, edit and publish content on multiple platforms. The Digital Editor also reports and writes stories daily, as well as conceptualizes and produces online galleries/slideshows using photos and data. As the newsroom staff member responsible for day-to-day management of all digital content, the Digital Editor must thrive in a breaking-news culture.
The job requires solid news judgment, strong headline-writing skills, and familiarity with SEO and site metrics. The Digital Producer must balance the highest standards for content with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Ability to multitask and work in a highly collaborative, high-energy environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in a newsroom environment
- Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to analyze and distill data
- Familiarity with AP Style
- SEO experience
- Video production, HTML and data management experience a plus
- San Antonio community knowledge a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities, work schedules and/or location may change based on evolving business needs.
- Curate, edit and publish hard news and other engaging daily online content
- Report and write important digital posts
- Generate and execute digital story ideas
- Gather and upload graphics, photos and other imagery for digital features
- Track metrics, measure engagement and help staff identify and deploy tactics to meet traffic and engagement goals
- Manage social media feeds and execute on strategies to build engagement
- Work with editors, reporters and other stakeholders to plan new content and features
- Work collaboratively with peers in design and research
To apply, go here.