Reuters is looking for a senior financial journalist with a deep understanding of global markets and a large book of contacts to join its global finance and markets team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about financial markets and have a strong track record of breaking news and reporting insightful stories. In this role, they will focus on the intersection between finance and markets, bringing to light how banks serve big money through various financial products.
Working in partnership with the regional finance and markets editors, they will at times direct reporters and editors to help Reuters differentiate and lead from the front on the biggest stories, especially those that fall across teams and geographies. Reporting to the Global Finance and Markets editor, they will also mentor reporters to help build out markets beats.
About the Role
As our Editor. Financial Products, you will:
- Lead from the front on some of the biggest global stories for the team, landing significant scoops and helping improve and differentiate coverage
- Help reporters and editors connect the dots on global stories, break down complex markets concepts and present them in an easy-to-understand language
- Leverage your book of contacts to help reporters across the team build deeper sources in markets to break news and report insightful stories.
- Act as a senior editor in the global finance and markets team, helping shape the direction of the file and lead periodically on important projects
To be our Editor, Financial Products, you will likely have:
- A track record of delivering a file of scoops and enterprise pieces
- Deep understanding of financial markets, ideally across asset classes
- Experience leading teams and working in a matrixed organization
- The ability to thrive in a breaking news environment and feed off the market buzz
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 15th May 2022.
To apply, go here.