Reuters seeks an editor for U.S. finance
Reuters is looking for an experienced journalist with a passion for explaining the world of finance to join its Global Finance & Markets team for one of our highest profile and most exciting jobs.
Based in New York, the Editor, U.S. Finance will lead a team focused on the heart of the city: Wall Street’s banks. You will lead from the front in sourcing up with bankers, banking consultants, lawyers, trade groups and other key industry stakeholders, to produce scoop after scoop, as well as deeply researched analysis and insightful coverage of day-to-day stories.
The role sits within a broader team that covers insurance, corporate finance, financial policy, regulation, white collar crime, fintech and markets.
The successful candidate will be able to assign, lead and edit stories on a range of banking businesses and issues – from equities trading and mortgage lending to investment banking, wealth management and trade finance.
The editor will also work closely with others across the team to cover key intersectional stories, such as how banks are integrating cryptocurrencies into their client offerings and climate risks into their annual stress tests. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of the banking landscape, a proven track record in leading, editing, building sources and getting inside scoops, and a desire to produce deeply reported stories. This is a terrific opportunity for a talented and ambitious journalist to make an impact on a competitive and high-profile beat with the world’s largest independent multimedia news organization.
As our Editor, U.S. Finance you will:
- Lead coverage of the country’s biggest banks, driving scoops, insightful stories and the day-to-day breaking news.
- Lead the team of reporters; help them develop and execute stories ideas, and build a strong network of sources
- Work closely with colleagues on the broader U.S. and Global Finance & Markets team to coordinate stories.
- Work on insightful and high-impact stories across the wider finance and markets news file
- Be able to work with teams including pictures, graphics and video to develop 360-degree storytelling
To be our Editor, U.S. Finance, you will likely have:
- At least five years’ experience as a journalist
- Previous experience managing reporters
- Excellent leadership, editing, source-building and writing skills, and a passion to own and lead big news developments
- A deep understanding of financial services and the evolving financial space and the ability to explain it to a global audience
- A strong work ethic and commitment to collaborate with tips and ideas
- The ability to jump on and manage breaking stories and generate quick pivot analytical and contextual news
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 5th June 2022.
To apply, go here.