Reuters is seeking a US Technology Business Reporter to take on one of the most important companies at the center of the conversation — Alphabet and AI. At 24-years-old, the Google-owner is sliding into young adult-hood pressured by an advertising downturn that has led it and its peers in big tech to slash costs and its workforce. At the same time, it is facing the biggest threat in recent memory from Microsoft, which is leveraging AI technology developed by an outside company that is powering a new generation of startups that aim to change how we create and find information.
The San Francisco-based correspondent will be a key member of the global technology reporting team helping to contribute to coverage, producing scoops and enterprise stories. The successful candidate will have a track record of breaking news and developing sources on the tech beat.
About the Role:
As our US Technology Correspondent, Google, AI you will:
- Break agenda setting news and help us shape coverage in a rapidly expanding new field
- Contribute to high-impact stories along with colleagues on the wider global technology team
You’re a fit for US Technology Correspondent, Google, AI if you have:
- Proven skill at reporting and writing distinctive, ambitious, agenda-setting stories
- Ability to cultivate sources and to gain access to exclusive documents
- A track record of breaking exclusive news
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Understanding of how to enhance stories using graphics. pictures and video
- At least five years of experience reporting at a major news organization
To apply, go here.