Reuters seeks a sustainable finance reporter in New York
Reuters is looking for an inquisitive and resourceful reporter in New York to cover sustainable finance as part of its environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) team. The successful candidate will report agenda-setting news and investigate how investors and companies are responding to regulatory and social pressure to help tackle climate change. Exposing greenwashing and identifying the winners and losers of the ESG industry are top priorities.
The role requires a deep understanding of the funds industry, capital markets and regulation. It also calls for cultivating sources in disparate areas of the industry and distilling complex topics in a language that engages a broad audience.
As our Sustainable Finance Reporter, you will:
- Be up-to-speed on all things ESG and the regulations driving the market.
- Regularly break news on sustainable finance across the globe.
- Work on insightful and high-impact investigative stories.
- Possess exceptional source-building and networking skills.
- Work closely and seamlessly with colleagues across the global newsroom.
To be our Sustainable Finance Reporter, you will likely have:
- At least 3 years’ experience of finance-related reporting.
- A strong track record of scoops and initiative reporting.
- Experience with reporting on sustainable finance or familiarity with the file.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Please note, the deadline for application is Friday 3rd June 2022.
To apply, go here.