Reuters is looking for an outstanding reporter and writer for a high-profile position covering liquefied natural gas (LNG), the industry that feeds into gas exports and the broader energy transition to cleaner and renewable fuels, based in Houston.
This is an exciting opportunity to cover a fast-growing market for a fuel many governments view as a transition fuel. Global gas supplies are high on the news agenda as the war in Ukraine disrupts energy trade lines and puts energy security top of the agenda in Europe and much of Asia. Investor and public pressures for a rapid transition from fossil fuels to clean energies are upending the energy business and may curtail LNG’s growth. The successful candidate will be able to write on deadline and use video and other media to capture the enormous financial, political and technological upheaval as lower-carbon fuels become a larger force in markets.
About the Role:
As our U.S. LNG and Energy Transition Reporter, you will:
- Report on LNG markets, suppliers, customers and pricing, and contribute to and write regular reports on LNG markets.
- Report on natural gas production, demand and flows, and the pipeline business.
- Produce scoops and set the agenda on coverage as U.S. LNG exporters challenge global rivals.
- Generate and execute ambitious and enterprising stories on the gas and LNG industry.
- Report on the utility sector, growing renewable power supplies, carbon credits and their interplay with gas and LNG.
- Bring ideas and drive to reporting and writing about the intricacies of global energy flows.
- Collaborate with journalists in Asia, Europe, and the United States to break exclusive news.
- Work with other journalists in Houston and beyond on regional and national coverage across the file. This can include election, storm, sports and other general news, as necessary.
You’re a fit for the role of U.S. LNG and Energy Transition Reporter if you have:
- At least five years’ experience covering finance or commodities, preferably in energy.
- A track record in breaking news.
- A clip file that shows extensive in-depth reporting and your ability to tackle ambitious and high impact stories.
- Strong news judgment and the ability to deliver stories in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Outstanding source building skills.
- Multimedia skills.
- Excellent team skills.
To apply, go here.