Reuters is looking for an ambitious U.S. Pharmaceutical Industry Reporter with a track record of scoops and agenda-setting stories.
The successful candidate will break news on an industry that has suffered a major political loss in the United States and is bracing for new federal efforts to bring down the cost of prescription medicines.
This reporter would shed light on the commercial strategies of leading industry players, with a broad view on how new medicines in development will impact companies, investors, patients and providers.
At the same time, the candidate will report on how big pharma companies are turning to deals and new business opportunities after having benefited tremendously from developing vaccines and treatments critical to alleviating the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reporter would demonstrate a track record of deep source development and show how they would cultivate a roster of sources among pharmaceutical and biotech executives, government health officials and industry investors. The preferred location for the role is New York.
About the Role
As our U.S. Pharmaceutical Industry Reporter, you will:
- Develop a diverse range of sources that lead to scoops
- Break exclusive news that rivals must follow
- Lead and/or reinforce coverage of major news
- Report aggressively to hold pharmaceutical companies, government agencies and health officials accountable
- Write deeply-reported, standback stories on changing strategies within the industry
- Demonstrate beat expertise and dominance
- Work with a global team of experienced reporters and editors writing about health and pharma from across the United States, Europe and Asia
To be our U.S. Pharmaceutical Industry Reporter, you will likely have:
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and regulations that govern it
- Deep sourcing to be able to publish exclusive news that sets the agenda
- Proven skill covering fast-breaking news
- Proven record of bringing story ideas to fruition
- Ability to understand and dissect financial disclosures
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment
- Excellent news judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across teams and geographies
- At least 5 years’ experience reporting at a major news organization
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 14th October 2022.
To apply, go here.