Do you have experience leading multicultural teams? Are you passionate about the whole news world? Do you want to be part of the most important News Leader around the world? If yes, we are looking for you.
Join our team to coordinate a team of reporters and editors in Mexico, Brazil, and Chile producing short spot stories in three languages and making quick decisions that will shape our crucial corporate, economics, and political coverage region-wide.
About the role:
As our Latam News Hub Chief, you will:
- Lead a diverse and growing team
- Apply news judgment and give overall direction to the region’s breaking news coverage so that the file meets the needs and performance standards of our financial customers, media clients, and Reuters.com’s audience
- Ensure we publish news alerts and urgent stories clearly, accurately, and quickly to deliver the news first to our subscribers
- Work closely with local language service colleagues on developing and strengthening the Spanish and Portuguese language arms of the breaking news team
- Be fluent in at least one of those languages in addition to English
- Be skilled at working across disciplines to oversee the seamless integration of stories in multiple formats
- Work under pressure in a very fast-paced environment
- Help to drive innovation and generate smart ideas
- Deliver strong team performance in a positive environment
- Take an active interest in training new staff and continuous coaching.
You’re a fit for the role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- +10 years of experience leading multicultural Breaking News teams.
- Strong leadership skills, impeccable corporate news judgment, and a track record of helping promising staff fulfill their potential.
- Fluent English & Spanish.
To apply, go here.