Reuters is looking for a prolific scoop-getter to join our team in New York that covers the financial industry and markets.
This position of credit correspondent is a key role in a team that uses markets as a tip sheet to break news, not only about high finance but also the broader world. The successful candidate will have sources who are involved in the whole spectrum of credit, from IG and HY to commercial paper.
You’ll be conversant in the world of MBS, ABS and CLOs as well as other corners of the market. You’d be happy chasing a blockbuster offering or figuring out whether there’s stress in a particular market. You’re also able to step back and write the bigger picture for a broad audience. If you are constantly talking to sources, understand how finance works, thrive when you break a story and are paranoid about losing, we want to talk to you.
About the Role
As our Credit Correspondent, you will:
- Demonstrate you have sources in the credit market
- Show a track record of scoops in this market
- Be able to identify and develop exclusive news that will distinguish Reuters from our competition
- Collaborate closely with reporters across other beats and regions
- Work with teams including pictures, graphics and video to develop 360-degree storytelling
To be our Credit Correspondent, you will likely have:
- Exceptional work ethic, team spirit and passion to win
- An ability to cultivate sources, especially in the world of finance
- A track record of generating scoops and producing impactful stories
- A contact book of traders, funds, family offices and other market sources
- Financial literacy and a firm grasp of how markets work
To apply, go here.