The Phoenix Business Journal is looking for an Associate Editor to join our team.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing our special reports and awards honoree publications, and creating a content plan that aligns with our editorial and events calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections for both print and digital audiences, assigning and editing news and trend stories and other content. The Associate Editor works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events and other cross-departmental activities. The Associate Editor works closely with the Managing Editor and reports to the Editor in Chief.
Conceive, assign, edit and produce special reports and awards sections.
- Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features as required.
- Curate, format and repurpose content for digital and print.
- Serve as liaison between the newsroom and the events and advertising department, and act as the newsroom voice in content planning for business journal events.
- Edit and proof Business Journal event and awards stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
- As needed, write and edit news other online items working with the Managing Editor and Digital Editor for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
- Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
Skills & Experience
- Strong writer and editor
- Able to get and stay organized
- Able to manage several projects at once
- Creative planner
- Stickler for detail
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Able and driven to collaborate a must
- Minimum 2 years editing experience
- Experience managing editorial projects
- Business reporting experience a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.