Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Retail Brew keeps nearly 150,000 retail professionals up to date on the latest news and analysis from across the retail sector. From supply chain and logistics to the customer experience and all points in between, Retail Brew explores how the retail industry navigates the ongoing changes and challenges of the modern world.We ’re looking for a reporter to ideate, research, and create journalism to help take this vertical to the next level.
Here’s What You’ll Be Working On
- Pitch, report, and write stories and other associated content for the Retail Brew newsletter, which goes out every weekday.
- Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead creation of non-newsletter editorial initiatives, enterprise pieces, and evergreen content.
- Conduct research to support creation of key stories and inform longer-term projects.
- At least 3-5 years of journalism experience with a focus on business writing and reporting
- At least 2 years of experience covering the retail industry (added plus if you’ve done so for a B2B publication)
- In-depth knowledge and sources in at least one of the following areas of retail: e-commerce, operations, supply chains, logistics/inventory, merchandising
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Understanding of how to analyze and draw conclusions from structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
Compensation75k*Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
To apply, go here.